Monday, November 16, 2009

Just another day in paradise...

I had an insanely productive morning this morning. In addition to the usual morning routine (dog duty, cappuccino-making, getting ready for work, and lunch-making), I also managed to unload the dishwasher, clean the kitchen, and get dinner in the crock pot. In the midst of my cleaning frenzy, I found husband's wedding band. He was already at work. Sans his wedding band, obviously. This happens ALL the time.
See photo below. THIS is what I put on a scrap piece of paper on my way out the door: directions for him to start the crock pot at noon...and to put on his #$*& wedding band. Mennnn....


...at least he was wearing it when I got home from work today? :-/

Last night we had a favorite "convenience" dinner. I'm not really into convenience foods, but I must say...Zatarains does Jambabaya right. The calories are low (130!)...but the sodium is a bit high (540 mg)...could be worse. There's only 1 gram of fat per serving, which is also great. I just wish it came in a whole grain, low-sodium version...then, it'd be perfect!

Anyways, I add to the mix a whole chopped onion, minced garlic, 1 can of low-sodium diced tomatoes, Tabasco sauce, and either shrimp, chicken, or turkey sausage. Last night, we opted for turkey sausage.



Boot camp tonight went...well. I will DEFINITELY be sore tomorrow.
Tonight we focused on triceps with lunges and squats thrown in there. Cardio, too...running, stairs, etc. I'm really enjoying it, though...and I love that the routine is different every night!

Yesterday, my teams won both our games (THAT'S rare - woot!)...AND I scored a goal! That's probably even MORE rare ; )

A HUGE THANKS to Kay's Naturals who sent me a wonderful array of products to sample and review today. Kay's Naturals carries gluten-free cereals, crackers, chips, and snack foods. Kay's products cater to the gluten-sensitive population, as well as diabetes and bariatric patients.

 

Today I tried the Lemon Herb Protein Chips and they were DELICIOUS! I ate them on my way home from work, before boot camp. There is an abundance of flavor and crunch, I highly recommend them, especially if you enjoy a lemony taste...mmmm!

Gluten allergies are becoming more and more common it seems. Similarly, the number of gluten-free products on the market is continually growing -- some being MUCH better than others. Most larger retailers offer gluten-free cereals, crackers, breakfast bars, pastas, and chips. Thank you, Kay's Naturals for supplying such wonderful tasting, gluten-free products! I look forward to sampling and reviewing more varieties!


Question 1: Do you know anyone personally with Celiac's disease or a gluten sensitivity?



Question 2: Going back to my husband-who-forgets-his-wedding-band-all-the-time rant...what does YOUR significant other do that drives you absolutely insane?

Question 3: I'm traveling next week and looking for book suggestions...have you read any page-turners lately? Do share!


5 comments:

  1. i have one kays product left and its the lemon n herb! now im excited to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When is your flight? I'll send you a list of books that I have enjoyed this week! Your crock pot meal was better then the quick turkey sloppy joes and apples at my house. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. I do know someone with Celiac's - very life changing (from a diet standpoint) if you find out you have it. But can make you pay attention to what you eat and help your overall health.

    2. None to report ;).

    3. A Singapore tour book? There are certainly more interesting reads but I haven't read any lately.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If Nick didn't wear his wedding ring I would be VERY upset. But he for sure does other things that drive me nuts. I could go on about it. First, he always asks ME if he can have ice cream or toast late at night for a snack. I hate that, why can't he get up and get it himself?! haha, I know that sounds dumb, but it's annoying.

    I have been on a low gluten diet for the past year, I believe. It helps with my bloating (Especially just the no wheat). I have found a lot of fun gluten-free products, and thanks for the new rec.!

    Good read: The Beach House by Jane Green. So good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that note you left your husband!
    I had a customer when I worked at Starbucks who had Celiac dz. He got a nonfat latte I think . . . or maybe a cappuccino? I'm finally starting to forget all of my former regulars' drinks!

    ReplyDelete