Thursday, September 24, 2009

Granola 'n Margaritas


"I got my toes in the water, a$$ in the sand
Not a worry in the world, a cold beer in my hand
Life is good today. Life is good today."
~Toes, Zac Brown Band

Random, yes. Great song, heck yes! While I frequently enjoy an evening brew, I have to tell readers about Baja Bobs. While I am not likely to change my opinions of margaritas

(hello, sugar!), Baja Bob's offers consumers a much more health-conscious margarita option, using Splenda. While I've only tried the Original Margarita mix thus far, I also ordered the daquiri and pina colada mixes. I'll have to share my thoughts on those once I try them...but the margarita mix gets a HUGE thumbs up! The calorie-free mix offers a low-calorie drink option with your calories coming from tequila mixed in only. Go light on the pour, and us ladies can shamelessly enjoy 2 a day!  


And one more food find: Bear Naked All Natural Granola. I found this product at Wal Mart (ugh, I know), but I'm sure it's available many places if it's here in Oklahoma. Unlike most granola, this particular granola is lower in calories -- 140 calories for 1/4 cup. The ingredients (listed in order as they appear on the label): whole grain oats, honey, canola oil, almonds, raisins, coconut, sweetened dried cranberries, pecans, walnuts, maple syrup, oat bran, ground flax seeds, and toasted sesame seeds. How cool! And, it is delicious! My morning snack today was 4 ounces of non-fat yogurt with 1/4 cup granola -- simple, sweet, and completely satisfying!


And just like "Toes" says -- life is good today! I found out at work today I have the go ahead to wear scrubs to work. I always said my dream job would be working in a comprehensive care team completing one-on-one nutrition consult with diabetics and weight loss patients...while wearing scrubs. What can I say? Life is good today : )

"Got my PJs on, tush on the couch
Not a worry in the world, sugar-free margarita served up
Life is good today. Life is good today."
~Happy RD

4 comments:

  1. I just got reminded of the one time I had a margarita this summer. I was in Florida, go figure. They are so delicious.

    The granola looks great. I have been eating my own granola for so long I don't even know what's out there anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nicole from a fellow RD blogger!!

    Just found your blog- I look forward to reading more!

    Yay for scrubs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. People actually make their own kale chips!! I agree with you, the texture is someone hard to get used to, but I made sure to cook my kale really well so the texture isn't too obvious. The kale chips are homemade, simply by spraying with oil and baking, I think!

    ReplyDelete