Monday, August 31, 2009

Southaven Farms!

Yum!

Internet carbs are fabulous! Seriously, what did nutrition gurus (like myself) and diabetics DO before the internet?! My new carb craze: Southaven Farms mixes. Their products are all-natural, 100% whole grain, cholesterol-free, low-fat and unsweetened. Their website offers countless recipes for each of their mixes which include varieties such as: chocolate, whole grain, and ginger spice -- the 3 I opted to try first. Order several at a time, however...shipping can be steep as with anything over the internet.

Tonight I made
banana nut muffins using the ginger spice mix. The recipe was as follows:
3 eggs
1 3/4 c. Splenda granular
1 1/4 c. skim milk
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
Ginger Spice Southaven Farms mix
2 bananas, sliced
1/2 c. walnuts (I used pecans)

Preheat oven to 400 F. Lightly spray cupcake tin. Fill 3/4ths full. Bake 13-17 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool 5 minutes and enjoy! Yummm!

2 comments:

  1. I'd never heard of this product before, thanks for sharing! Those muffins sound great. I'm so into the fall spices, I love fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost never write remarks, however i did a few searching and wound up here "Southaven Farms!".

    And I do have a couple of questions for you if you usually do not mind.
    Is it just me or does it seem like a few of the comments come across like they
    are coming from brain dead individuals? :-P And, if you are posting at additional online sites, I would like to
    keep up with everything fresh you have to post.

    Would you list of all of all your communal sites like your twitter
    feed, Facebook page or linkedin profile?

    Review my web-site: exercises to jump higher

    ReplyDelete